Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Another year

Happy 2008! We had a lovely Christmas..........I received 2 quilts this year!! One from my son-in-law (he loves me!!) and one from my brother and his wife! What great guys!! The girls got some small stuff that didn't thrill them, then, at the end, they got their Nintendo DS's......which they loved!! Dad spent Chrstmas Eve & morning with us then went to Dave's for Christmas Day. (I got him some Benny Hill DVD's this year!)

After Don left for Taxidermy school, Loni & I took the kids to the condo for a week. We did some shopping, saw a movie, went to dinner with Dad and the kids went skating. That was in between all the swimming in the pool. It was fun! I read a couple of books while enjoying the fireplace and we did spend an evening with Dave and Linda. Kadee played on the floor with Linda and Leilani and I ate popcorn and watched TV with Dave.

I read "The Notebook" then watched the movie of the same name. I couldn't believe how much they were alike! Then I finished "Nightfall" by Nelson Demille. Great author. Then I read his "The General's Daughter". The movie, which I borrowed from Leilani, (with John Travolta) was a faint copy of the book. It was good, but the movie is too short for the much needed detail, which was lost in the short time allowed. I'm not sure I'd have known what happened if I hadn't read the book first.

The kids are back in school, I'm trying to jumpstart my creative side while watching DVD's of "Remington Steele" and knitting a sweater for a tiny little boy. I'd like to be doing allot of quilting while I have all this kid-free time! I wish I could get moving!!

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM , Blogger Lei Lei said...

Yeah, baby to be needs a Nana quilt. Get hot!! You forgot to mention what we watched with Uncle David...The Outdoor Channel...Don would be so proud of us Mom.

 
At 2:48 AM , Blogger Michelle Auer said...

I loved The Notebook. It is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine. You should watch the movie, Waitress. I think you would really like it. I LOVED it!

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger Marcy said...

i have own DVd notebook that awesome that i loves to watch over over over again all the time and i love romance!!!!!and also waitess that really cool! u shd watch that and i love watch movies different for new releases!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home