Thursday, May 08, 2008

Back home again!


I spent the night in the hospital and am home now. The worst part, for me, when I have surgery, is the IV. I have lousy veins these days. The first try was a hit! Woo Hoo! We got lucky! I was in my room after surgery and my arm was itching.......then I realized it was hard! Swelled! They called the IV Team (which in reality is one guy) and I got a new one. Swell. My arm is sore and bruised where the first one had been. The second one probably would've lasted a while!
I had eaten lunch before I came home (at about 3:30 p.m.) and when I went to bed that nite I took 2 Vicoden. At 3:45 a.m. I was throwing up. Don't take 2 of them on an empty stomach!! I continued with this routine until about 8 a.m.

Alysha (my grandson's girlfriend...........that's her up there/\) had spent the night again and got the girls up and took them to school.
I'm not having allot of pain except for my left hip! I'm sure it's due to the position I was in during surgery but I can't seem to get any relief from it. When I sit in a hard chair the pain shoots thru the joint to to front of my hip! OUCH!! Last nite my lungs would hurt when I cough (which I was told to do frequently.)
I got up and ate a bowl of cereal this morning before taking pills. My stomach feels like it has a lump of something laying in it. Oh well, no place to go but up, right?

3 Comments:

At 12:06 PM , Blogger Deb Hardman said...

How about taking 1 pill & 1 Ibuprofen, or 1/2 pill every hr with crakers, or call the Dr. & get something other than Vicdin. & Maybe get some Zofran for the nausea.

What do you normally take for your arthritis? Could the hip pain be refered from the surgical area? Are you sure they had you positioned on that side? I thought that surgery was done in strirups, like for pap smears, or is it from that position with legs bent?

It sure is rough getting old isn't it?

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger *Jennifer* said...

NANA YOU WERE TROWING UP!!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME! I feel bad now :-(

 
At 8:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geeze, Mel, sounds like fun. :-\ I do hope you're feeling better by the time you read this!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home