Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Latest Project

Ok Bee......your the Pro! Since this is a fused project, I heavily quilted it with monofilament (which I hate using by the way!) My edges are wavy and I'm afraid when I put the binding on it will resemble a ruffle. What should I have done differently? I have 2 more patterns that are done the same way. Don't want to have this problem again!
I figured the monofilament thread was the answer to the light/dark extremes of the fabric.. The dark (which is cut out in one piece) has some extreme points and the needle on the Nolting is so big, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to secure all the 'scene' the way I thought I should.
What do you think??

2 Comments:

At 4:28 PM , Blogger Deb H said...

Oooo it is pretty!

I guess I would (on the next ones) #1~ use a cotton varigated thread for the dark area next time, matching tha fabric fairly close.

#2~Stabilize that dark frame with a couple of lines of straight stitching, near the edges of that dark area, or even in-the-ditch if you want to be fussy.

#3~Then do a thinner neutral cotton for the background areas.

#4~Next either block it like we said over the phone then bind it with straight of grain binding,cutting to lenght for each side using the center measurment, with the 2 side measurements, then averaging the 3 to get your length. Do the 2 long sides first, then the 2 ends the same way, easing the bindings so that you end up with even squared edges. No miters with this method.

~OR~ do the foam core board & gently stretch over that, & not do a binding. Just sew straight pieces of fabric to each side, & stitch them together at the back side, doing 2 opposite ends first, then the 2 opposing sides.

Good lusk EM. XOXOX

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger Deb H said...

I mean LUCK!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home