Sunday, May 09, 2010

The latest quilt projects.....

My 3 youngest grand kids didn't have Christmas Stockings so I made them for Gage, Kami and Skylar. They have a picture of Santa on each side. This is both sides of Gage's. The girls already have theirs.

I finally came up with a project for the hand dyed/painted fabrics that we did so long ago. I love how this turned out!! I needed something for my knitting.






This is the quilt I made for Seth and Heidi.......Don's brother who is getting married in June. I gave it to her at her shower yesterday.


It starts out as 9" sqs, sew them into circles (including a layer of batting), trim then slit the front and turn right side out. When the assembly is done, so is the quilting! It's a great design! I'm not sure where she is going to wash it tho!

It is actually square and fits a full bed like a spread. A queen or king will use it like a comforter size. It's quite heavy! Heidi loved it. She said she liked blue and/or green when I asked her what color. This was allot easier then trying to guess what shed like!

Here's the label.......






2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM , Blogger Deb Hardman said...

Wow, the quilt turned out spectacular!

I love the bag. What a fun use or those fabrics! You're so clever!

The stocking are cute too. You've gotten a lot done! & you posted! GOOD GIRL!

XOXO, love you!, Hope you had a good Mother's Day!

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Kathy -MIQuilter said...

Your projects are wonderful, no wonder you haven't had time to post! The quilt and stockings are beautiful. It's nice you made something for yourself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home